Welcome to your opportunity to Register!
There are two activities you can get involved with on this page;
The first is to sign-up for SBMT Membership and support the organization.
The second is the registration for the 10th Annual Congress in May 2013 in Baltimore.
Please review both opportunities before you decide.
The Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics (SBMT)
is more than just an Annual Congress.
Like it is said under the Principal Membership information, your membership grants you access to an international professional network, great opportunities meet other with similar interests in our members-only activities, and to obtain first hand information and opportunities to apply for grants. You can take pride in your membership for the many great programs SBMT supports.
Your Membership fees are paid annually and they are based on the category of membership that is applies to you.
Principal Member - $150
- access to an international professional network,
- access to members-only activities,
- first hand information and opportunity to apply for grants,
- regular information on all SBMT activities (newsletters and leaflets),
- active participation in the policy-making of the Society,
- free access to on-line podcasts of previous presentations.
- Priority given to the publication of their work in the Society’s Journal.
- The principal members will receive a free Society Journal.
- Please have your passport with you when you take your badge at the registration desk at the time of the meeting.
Student Member (Undergraduate and Graduate) - $50
Membership Benefits/Requirements :
- They will have an access to the news letter.
- Membership is offered to any student around the world.
- Applicants must furnish a signed letter to SBMT of their fellowship director attesting their statements.
- Student Membership shall terminate automatically at the successful completion of their qualifying program (without limitation).
- Copy of student ID and letter from the dean/academic department should be loaded as part of the registration.
Post Docs, Fellows, and Residents - $150
Members are considered physicians and scientists under training.
- These categories are entitled to all of Principal membership benefits.
- Copy of residency badge/ID needs to be loaded along with the letter from the residency or fellowship director as part of the registration.
Corporate/ Non-profit - $750
This category belongs to members of foundations and companies.
- Only newsletter, attendance in our annual conferences and if they are invited they could become part of the board of advisory.
- The board of advisory is made of government officials, CEO and top officials from non-profit and for profit organizations and companies.
- The advisory board could make recommendations to the board of directors of SBMT and its foundation on issues relevant to the respected organization (i.e. CPT code for reimbursement for certain new technologies, new ideas,....).
- Attendance in advisory board is voluntary and there is no addition fee will be required for this category.
- We encourage company officials to nominate their advisory board member to the board through an official letter of recommendation signed by the CEO/COO/CTO of the organization.
When Registering for the World Congress may we suggest that you do it WITH a SBMT Membership!
When you look at the table below you see how you save money plus you actually help others. And, How do you do that? You help SBMT with your membership fees support our many programs that includes:
- Scientific Meetings
- Society Publications
- Healthcare Policy
- Annual World Congress
- Visiting Scholars Program
- Industry Partnership
- Seed Grants
- Student Chapters
- Outreach Program
- Government Relationships
- Global Physician and Scientist (GPS)
Your SBMT membership when you register for the Congress, it is just the start of a very professional and fulfilling experience.
WHY ATTEND THE CONGRESS?
- LINK in with near 200,000+ scientists, engineers, surgeons and physicians on SBMT global network.
- PUBLISH in PlosOne NeuroMapping and Therapeutics.
- PRESENT in a world Class Multidisciplinary biomedical association.
- MEET FUNDING AGENCIES (Foundations, government and industry).
- MEET leaders and Pioneers in your field.
- MARKET your research/ideas to investors/grant makers.
- COMMERCIALIZE your ideas.
- GAIN ACCESS to our scientists, engineers, surgeons and physicians from multiple different disciplines at once.
- DEMONSTRATE your state of the art technologies at one of the top brain and spinal cord conventions in the world.
- MAKE THE DIFFERENCE and reinforce your visibility beyond the exhibition area through discussion groups, workshops and hands on courses.
- ENHANCE your know-how and stay abreast of industry changes and state-of-the-art in the field.
- RETURN ON INVESTMENT Increase your bottom line with face-to face contact with potential investors.
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE Your participation at the conference provides you the opportunity to spend quality time with the leaders in the community and get your message across more effectively and efficiently.
- ATTRACT and influence attendees at every stage of their career, from students to entry level scientists to acknowledged leaders in their scientific fields.
- INTERACT with a focused and attentive audience during scientific and educational activities, such as exhibitor- hosted workshops, division programming, poster sessions, and other meeting activities.
- NETWORK with our attendees during social events held during the conference.
- PROMOTE yourself through multiple networking opportunities and develop business -to-business contacts.
- OBTAIN CONTINUING MEDICAL EDUCATION (CME) Credits - This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) and Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics. The ISMRM is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- VISIT BALTIMORE AND SEE A CITY RICH IN AMERICAN HISTORY!
Congress registration fees include: participation in scientific sessions, congress bag, program and abstract book, all printed material of the congress.
*Full Participants are physicians and scientists and members of academic centers not medical directors of companies and/or foundations.
Important Note: Authors of accepted abstracts benefit from a reduced registration fee.
Fees apply to payments received prior to the indicated deadlines:
November 1, 2012
November 2 to
May 10, 2013
After May 10, 2013
| Full Participant - Non Member*
|| US$ 750
| Principal Member
(Undergraduate and Graduate)
| Post Docs, Fellows, and Residents
|| US$ 350
|| US$ 450
|| US$ 1000
| Social Event (Gala Dinner)
|| US$ 150
Payment of registration fees should be made through this website by credit card, check or bank transfer.
Penalty for trespassing is $3600.00 per day. The penalty for faulty documentation will be $5000.00. The organization reserves the right to take further action against the individual and the institution they are representing.
The Congress Secretariat and Organizers cannot accept liability for personal accidents, nor loss of or damage to private property of participants, either during or directly arising from the 10th Annual World Congress of Society for Brain Mapping and Therapeutics. Participants should make their own arrangements with respect to health and travel insurance.
For any assistance or additional information, please contact the registration department at